Monday, August 29, 2011

My little bunkie guest house

I am so happy to have our bunkie complete and to be able to share it with you. We started back in May and have slowly worked away as funds and time would permit . We just need to break it in with a real over night guest now that it is complete.
Welcome , come on in .
I left the ceiling open with a lofty feeling , I bought a Wagner sprayer and sprayed the ceiling , this was a huge time saver. The bed wall is clad in bead board panels and the other walls are horizontal v-groove pine the trim is all MDF sheets cut down to size.
Bold window casings and lots of white.
I used cottage pine wood flooring readily available at Home Depot, painted Jamaican Bay by Behr in high gloss floor porch paint, latex.
the only new pieces for the interior are the lantern on the table $10.00 and the two art pieces , the rest were all items I had. I will be replacing the table and chair with a wall shelf to allow for one more sleeping space on the floor.
I used existing quilts from the house and extra furnishings as well as a donated bed from a client that I painted the same floor color , the other bed is a trundle frame covered in a green quilt. I used simple inexpensive foam mattresses.
I was happy to find a spot for our candle chandelier from our dining room , it was a perfect addition to the bunkie.
All accessories are from Homesense , like these two art pieces which were $6.00 on clearance.

The exterior is clad in cedar shakes from Lowe's stained Cape Cod grey by Behr, the wrap around step is cedar , my husbands little creation which I just love , stained with Australian timber oil in the deepest tone I even used it on our pressure treated deck and it now looks like an exotic wood, we just need to finish up a stone pathway from our deck to the bunkie and a little sod to clean things up.
My favorite feature would have to be the painted floors , I would love this in the girls bedrooms for sure , so charming.
A little sign I made from roof scraps and hand painted .
Well there you have it , a little tour of our little bunkie , if you have any questions please feel free to ask in comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your bunnies looks amazing - thanks for sharing - we are currently just starting a similar project with a shed we bought, structure looks very similar so it was great to see a finished look - we are finishing the walls and will leave the ceiling open and everything then painted white - do you have any problems with dampness as it’s one of my concerns as property is in florida? Thanks again for sharing, enjoyed it.

Chris Kauffman said...

we don't own the house with the bunkie so I can't say for sure about the moisture