Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Another Blue kitchen


Since I was showing you the evolution of my kitchen that I have been working on for the past 5 years , I thought since I found this photo I would show you my first house's kitchen , it too was basic builder oak cabinets that I painted white. My husband made brackets which added charm to this very small kitchen . I loved the wall color , I believe it was mineral green by Martha Stewart . I wish I had been confident enough to tile the back splash , when we had this house you couldn't even find subway tile , just bathroom tile really , tile has come along way in the past 10 years. We had those roller bamboo shades that I made ties for instead of the stings and pulley it came with them, we installed pergo flooring , which was much nicer than the sheet vinyl , I hated it it never looked good , so the laminate was an improvement but I hated the sound of it , hollow , cheap , but still better than ugly tile and ugly vinyl , hey I don't have what I would like to have either. We added crown moulding to the bulk head but just above the doors, which proved to be a dust collector , which is why we added trim all the way up in this house it adds height to the room to continue the treatment up to the ceiling especially if painting.
So there it is my very little kitchen, it was cute and little , oh I can see how much more it could have been . I can't help but wonder what it looks like now?

No comments: