Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It's coming along.









Sorry that is has been so long since my last post,Todd stole my really his camera from me for a few days, but he bought me my own pink camera for mother's day , which is wonderful , but I am having some trouble with the program it uses, it isn't as easy as I am used to ..but I will get a hang of it I'm sure.

Here are a few pictures of how the pine floors are coming along, I decided not to distress them they look very good so I thought I would go with it, they should not get too much wear and tear as it is the hall outside the bedrooms, so no shoes not much as far as toys bonking around, we will see , still needs a few top coats but the stain took very well.

We took a trip to Welland which is 15 minutes from Niagara Falls, to visit Todd's mom for mothers day and had some wonderful ribs made by my father in law, yummy. It was a lot of driving for one day but it was a great day spent outside in the sun.


Here is my beloved magnolia tree ,that is what I wanted last mother's day but never did find one,until Friday night at the superstore of all places ,a yellow blossomed small tree , I am so excited to see it grow,it is prominantly in the sunny corner of my backyard a place I have been saving just for such a tree, the close photo is my front yard tree which right now has those blossoms that smell like lilacs then the leaves turn maroon, but sadly it has canker but it still doing ok so I can not bare to chop it down until it is god awful.

Hope all the mothers had a nice day Sunday , I am looking forward to a long weekend, of course I will finish some projects and start some new ones like my hammock supports, a long weekend and a hammock sounds perect to me!

No comments: